Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Chiropractor Torture Room...

After reading on the internet that being inactive to long counterproductive to the healing process I decided to go to the gym and stay active. I primarily did upper body movements and on occasions out of frustration a few leg exercises. The pain pretty much stagnated, or at least seemed it did I may have not noticed due to the pain felt in my upper body from next day soreness. I decided it was time to try a professional of some sort.


I had read on the internet that chiropractors help the problem. How I was so wrong. I should have known after the first visit that something wasn't right. I had thought with the chiropractor driving a brand new BMW, best location in town and a new building, that the services would match. My first appointment went as follows, I went in to be greeted by someone who was still in high school. She then hands me a form that I had to fill out saying what my pain level was for the day and what type of pain I was feeling. This seemed routine. Then the doctor comes out, shakes my hand and tells me this high school student will be taking me to a few machines to loosen me up. Keep in mind this is before he has a chance to take a look at the intake form indicating my pain and problem. How would he have known if these machines would be good or not for my back?


One of the machines was a bed in which the patient lays down in and a roller underneath goes up and down your back. This was discomforting at the least, but I had no one to express my thoughts to as the young lady had left me to my torture. Ten Minutes had passed and she finally came back and took me a room to wait for the doctor. Thirty minutes of waiting and the doctor finally makes an appearance. I tell him where my pain is and he nods his head and says, "ok get on the table." I get on the table and he contorts my body and cracks my back on one side. Then the other. Lots of cracking and pops are heard, not much discomfort. He says that the the appointment is over and to talk to the lady at the front desk to schedule my next torture. The cherry on top is the lady telling me,  "oh and by the way the cost is $120." I obliged as I did feel a little better. Getting in the car I thought wow....the doctor literally saw me for five minutes, most of which was just contorting my body generically as he probably does with every patient. With that kind of turnover I wasn't surprised he could afford such luxury. To clarify, the relief of pain I felt would equate to the feeling of cracking your knuckles after a few weeks, the relief is temporary and soreness was much worse in the next coming days...which by coincidence is when my next appointment was scheduled.    

 

1 comments:

  1. I have had my own experience with a chiropractor, actually on two ocassions, first time she twisted my neck like she was killing a chicken, did nothing except to give me a scare, my second experience i got my leg rubbed for a hamstring injury..pshhh, quacks...

    ReplyDelete