Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

It Started with a Tingling Sensation

After the whole chiropractor experience I gave up for awhile and just decided to be accustomed to bed rest and a life of walking for exercise and low intensity sports. The pain minimized and wasn't as excruciating as it was before, the pain no longer radiated all the way around my back and no longer hurt from slightly bending over. This went on for a few months. I had thought I was on the road to recovery, and that things would only get better as time went on. I was completely wrong.  It started with a tingling sensation on my left side, wasn't sure why or what might have caused it. Each day the tingling feeling got worse and eventually turned into a subtle aching pain.

Frantic to get the aching pain to go away I started to do some research on what might resolve the issue. Having done a lot of previous research from when I initially had my injury, everything looked as inconclusive as it did before. I decided to adapt a stretching routine I found online tailored for herniated discs. I figured this was the worst case scenario for what I did to my back so these stretches would do more good than harm. After doing the stretches for about 3 weeks the aching was just getting worse and worse. It got so bad that I was having horrible spasms that ran from my lower left back down to my toes. Was the worst feeling in the world, I felt as if I was losing control of the left side of my body. I couldn't walk correctly without limping and dragging my left foot. It was the most frustrating thing. The breaking point to get some addition help was when my entire left foot lost feeling, completely numb. The only sensation I felt in it was when I would get a spasm radiating down my leg to my toes. This brought me to the next step of my back pain extravaganza.... the physical therapist.          

0 comments:

Post a Comment